Directions & Parking
The Dartmoor Classic Grande Depart commences at 06:00 hrs, leaving Newton Abbot Racecourse via the main entrance and turning RIGHT towards Kingsteignton. Please make sure that as many of you as possible approach the racecourse from Greenhill Way and enter via the side entrance. This will help us to keep the main front entrance clear from congestion, allowing everyone to get a smooth, trouble free start to their ride.
Approaching from Exeter or Torbay (Use A380)
- Follow A380 to the Teignmouth (A381) Junction
- Exit A380 onto roundabout - (Follow Racecourse Signs)
- Take the exit signed Kingsteignton A383 (Follow Racecourse Signs) -> 0.2 miles
- At roundabout, take the first exit (Vicarage Hill A383) -> 0.4 miles
- At the next roundabout take the first exit (All Routes) onto Greenhill Way -> 0.4 miles
- Take the first left after Woodmere Way (immediately before Seymour Horwell Garage)
- Enter the racecourse and follow Marshals Directions.
Approaching from the South Hams (Use A381)
- Follow the A381 to Penn Inn Roundabout
- Take the A380 towards Exeter.
- Follow instructions as for approaching from Torbay.
Approaching from Plymouth (Use A38)
- Follow A38 to the Newton Abbot A383 Junction (approx 2 miles after Ashburton)
- Take the A383 Ashburton Road to Newton Abbot -> 5.8 miles
- At the roundabout, take first left (signed Racecourse) -> 0.1 mile
- At Churchills Roundabout, take the second exit on to Jetty Marsh Road -> 0.3 miles
- At the next roundabout, take the third exit (signed Racecourse) -> 0.3 miles
- At the B&Q roundabout, take the first exit - (signed Racecourse) -> 0.4 miles
- Turn Right into Racecourse and follow Marshal's instructions for parking.
Approaching from Moretonhampstead (or A38 travelling south)
- From Drum Bridges Roundabout (A38 / A382) - Take A382 signed Newton Abbot
- Follow the A382 for 2.7 miles to Newton Abbot
- At roundabout, take the first left onto Jetty Marsh Road
- At the roundabout, take the third exit (signed Racecourse) -> 0.3 miles
- At the next roundabout, take the first exit (signed Racecourse) -> 0.4 miles
- Turn right into the racecourse and follow Marshals instructions for parking.